Call for abstracts – IGU Urban Geography Commission annual meeting – 23-27 August 2020 – BEIRUT (Deadline: January 31 2020)
The Urban Commission of the International Geographical Union (IGU) in collaboration with the Geography Department of Saint-Joseph University of Beirut and with the Faculty of Architecture of Beirut Arab University, is pleased to invite you to its 2020 Annual Conference, taking place in the Campus des Sciences Humaines of Saint-Joseph University of Beirut.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Papers are invited to address the special topics on ‘Cities facing migration pressure’ and on the ‘Role of Universities in Promoting Urban Health and Well-Being: Research, Awareness, and Outreach’. Besides, participants can rather submit papers, and/or proposals for panel sessions/roundtables, that are linked to the following thematic foci of the Urban Commission:
– Complex urban systems and processes of cities’ transformation
– Technological innovations, creative activities in cities
– Innovative and smart building and transportation in cities
– Polycentrism, small and medium-sized cities
– Sustainable to resilient cities – Shrinking and ageing cities
– Urban governance, planning and participative democracy
– Contested social spaces- Urban Heritage and Conservation
– New concepts and methods in urban studies
More detailed scientific and material information available on the commission website
Please submit your extended abstract following the recommendations indicated on the website.