SAH 2023 Annual International Conference – Montréal – April 12–16 & Virtual | Septembre 20–22, 2023
The SAH 76th Annual International Conference will be comprised of an in-person meeting in Montréal, Canada, April 12–16, 2023, followed by virtual sessions, September 20–22, 2023. The expanded conference program is designed to offer additional opportunities for members to present their work and greater accessibility for those who may be unable to attend the conference in person.
Accédez à l’annonce : SAH 2023
Montréal 2023 | April 12–16
Montréal 2023 will offer an immersive, in-person experience, with paper sessions at Hôtel Bonaventure Montréal, events at venues throughout Montréal, and guided architecture tours in and around the city. Attendees can look forward to connecting with colleagues at social receptions, meeting publishers in the exhibit area, and conversing between sessions, all valued moments at the face-to-face conference. REGISTER NOW
Virtual 2023 | September 20–22
Virtual 2023 sessions offer flexibility and convenience, create additional opportunities for scholarly exchange, and enable wider participation in the conference, especially for those with financial limitations, family commitments, health concerns, or travel restrictions. Speakers will present their research live in sessions that will be recorded in their entirety. Attendees will have 30 days of access to session recordings.
The program for Montréal 2023 is available as a PDF and in our free mobile app.
Roundtables will be presented online May 1–26, 2023. The call for roundtable proposals is open through February 3.
Virtual conference sessions will take place September 20–22, 2023 (full program TBA)
- (Anti-)architectures of Colonization During the Cold War
- Architecture and Interspecies Relations
- Colonial Surveys
- Implicit Choices and Appropriations: Architectural Software Histories
- Making Sacred Spaces in the Diaspora: Re-purposed Architecture
- Neo-Medievalism Studies: New Directions for Architectural Historians
- On Belonging: Architecture and Property Law
- Open Sessions (4)
- Playfulness in Modern Architecture
- The Philadelphia School Goes Abroad
- What is “shared”? Architectural Heritage in Conflict