History and Future of intermodal mobilities : dixième congrès international de T2M
Ce congrès international a lieu à Madrid, au museo del Ferrocaril, du 15 au 18 novembre 2012.
Organisateur : International Association for the History of Transport, Traffic and Mobility
Site internet : http://t2m.org/conferences/conference-2012/
Présentation extrait du site : The Madrid Conference seeks to analyse the processes of interconnection and integration among the different modes of transport from a historical perspective, and will therefore deal with the various aspects that converge therein: economic, social, institutional, political, technological, territorial and patrimonial. Consequently, the suggested research topics related to the concept of intermodality are the following:
– International and transnational intermodality and its technical, economic and political-administrative aspects.
– Intermodality and migratory processes.
– Intermodality in metropolitan cities and its effects on urban development and on transport demands and everyday travel habits.
– The planning of intermodal complexes throughout history: projects, successes and failures.
– Spaces for modal interchange: stations, airports, sea and river ports.
– Technological consequences for modal interchange in the sea and river transport sphere: from stowage to container traffic.
– Intermodality in the air traffic sphere. The airport within reach of the city and major intermodal hubs: from metropolitan connections to the emergence of high-speed lines.
– Light intermodality in large cities: the different ways in which users access the transport system (walking, cycling and driving to major intermodal hubs).
– Intermodality and environment